Revenue and Gas Senior Accountant
Small midstream oil and gas company in Downtown Houston seeking a Senior Accountant to add to their staff. Ideal candidates will possess strong knowledge of FERC regulations and have a CPA license.
- Oversee general accounting for natural gas pipelines
- Perform the essential functions of revenue and gas accounting
- Record journal entries and prepare consolidated reconciliations ensuring the data is flowing to the correct FERC account per federal regulations
- Complete fixed asset review on all regulated assets and ensure the asset category is assigned in accordance with the FERC reports
- FERC Form 2 reporting and FERC Form 3 reporting
- Perform all necessary work in preparation for the completion of the quarterly and annual FERC reports; includes journal entries, financial analysis, depreciation and fixed assets
- Assist in the year-end audit and tax requests, compile and prepare supporting schedules, work papers and financial reports as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with CPA designation
- 5-10 years of experience in revenue and gas accounting; knowledge of FERC accounting
- Proficiency in Excel
- Microsoft Dynamics is a plus
Great opportunity to work for a small midstream company experiencing growth. Health benefits are 100% covered.