Office / Administrative Manager
Well established financial services firm in search of an Office / Administrative Manager based in downtown Houston with oversight of three additional US offices. The Office Manager is accountable for providing supervision and leadership to a team of 10 administrative support staff.
7-10+ years’ experience managing administrative staff in the financial services industry is required for consideration.
- Manages and supervises the day-to-day functions of an administrative team.
- Ensures the scheduling of sufficient and appropriate staff to cover the current and future workload and to ensure that each employee is effectively cross-trained in critical administrative/operational business functions across the unit.
- Ensures that each employee has the tools necessary to do their job effectively.
- Oversees the centralized tracking and record maintenance of staff vacations and absences.
- Chairs and sets agendas for regular team meetings.
- Manages employee morale and engagement through staff meetings, social committee, admin professional week, recognition, etc.
- Provides thorough orientation to new staff, including reviewing company benefits and policies, computer issues, health, safety and building policies, office procedures and job expectations
Process / Project Management (10%)
- Coordinates employee movement (new hires/exit) requirements. Coordinates with various support groups, including but not limited to: Information technology, HR, premises and compliance.
- Manage local office requests related to workspace or premises issues, including customized workstations, workplace accommodations, office equipment and maintenance, housekeeping, parking, building maintenance, and access card inventory and requests
- Assists with mapping and distribution processes for the annual and mid-year 360 evaluation process
- Liaise with Real Estate on medium to large scale on-site renovations.
Strategy, Planning & Forecasting (10%)
- Partners with Professional Development Manager on recruiting, coordination of orientation and training, career development objectives and provides input succession planning.
- Performs business/situational analysis and develops recommendations such as identifying and developing business process improvements opportunities, or identifying and developing alternatives to support business decisions.
Cost / Risk Management (10%)
- Identifies, develops, recommends and implements cost saving opportunities whenever possible for the benefit of the group and for the department as a whole.
- Oversees supply management as it relates to standards and cost management
- Ensures the existence of an efficient process flow for invoice and expense processing in adherence with division processes, processing guidelines and vendor agreements.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 7-10+ years’ experience managing administrative staff in the financial services industry required.
- Strong MSOffice skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Lotus)
- Some HR experience, specifically in recruiting, performance management, and training/coaching.
- Solid project management skills required to coordinate and lead a variety of initiatives.
- Seasoned knowledge of financial processing standards, key business processes, and HR policy.